Today in my Garden
Today I finished getting my above ground garden bed prepared and the planting will begin.
You may remember last year's gardening experience where I tried to enhance our existing soil and how it did not end up in the anticipated bumper crop. After nearly a year of research and anticipation I picked up a great book called "Cinder Block Gardens" and built my own above ground bed.
I planted garlic earlier this morning in the holes of my cinder blocks on one end of the garden. Many of my crops this year will be basically me experimenting with how to make them thrive. After this vegetable garden is established I plan on putting a smaller bed on the other side of the garden in the shade for a lettuce garden, perhaps some spinach too.
Later this afternoon I will be planting tomato plants, green pepper plants and carrot seeds. I have one spot left in my garden bed and I am contemplating what crop to plant in it.
With all of the hopes I have for our back yard it will probably turn into a little farm before next growing season, but hey, it is a bit of investment, but will provide great nearly free returns for orgainic produce.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home