Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Case for Organic--I hope you will consider

Almost everyone recognizes the necessity of purchasing health insurance for protection against skyrocketing healthcare costs.

Have you considered that the best health insurance could be found in your pantry? You may not consider yourself a health nut or an environmentalist, but let me ask you a few questions, and I ask you give your FIRST gut reaction.

**If you had the choice between consuming dairy products treated with artificial hormones and non treated dairy products, which would you choose?

**If you had the choice between consuming eggs from chickens fed animal byproducts, or consuming eggs from chickens fed grains only, which would you choose?

**If you had the choice between eating fresh vegetables treated with any number of toxic chemicals (meant to kill bugs and other plants...could this be good for you and your children?) and eating fresh produce that was not treated with any chemicals, which would you choose?

I know, the argument goes that the USDA has screened all of these things and has determined that there is no harm to humans from the acceptable levels or hormones, additives, or chemical treatments. However, conventional wisdom would show several cases in which the USDA has been forced to recant their original opinions following long term impacts of priorly determined "safe" products.

There is no risk to going organic. Extra expense, yes. But with large retailers like Walmart bringing affordable organic and all natural products to the public in coming days, it is worth it to explore your options.

A final word. I heard it described this way. What if I offered you a nice chocolate brownie. It is just the way you like it cooked, and the smell is just tantalizing. You accept it gratefully, and just before you take your first bite I stop you and tell you that there is just a little bit of dog poop in the brownie. Oh, it has been baked, I tell you, so the bad bacterias in the poop have been killed, it is perfectly safe for you to eat. Would you eat it? Even if you were told it would not harm you? Point is, if it doesn't belong in the food you eat, you should cut it out. Your health will thank you.


Visit here for more information:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Site Counters