Domestic Bliss
Well hello again. I am trying to get better at this whole blogging bit, but after nearly two years I am wondering if I really will be more frequent a blogger. Hey, practice makes perfect, right?
Well, I am slowly finding that our house is turning more and more sustainable as the days and weeks go by. How? You may wonder. Well, my brother Dave is really great. He has been my inspiration and a great help with my various gardening endeavors. He lives a few hours away from us and was coming to visit for the Easter holiday, and brought with him a whole bunch of blackberry shoots for blackberry bushes that he had harvested. Then when he came over he helped me and Alex clear out the area behind our fence and plant them there. How cool is my brother? SO, we are hoping that the plants will take and make a delicious border along our back fence. Pies and jams here we come!
The other recent addition to the back yard garden is a lemon tree that I bought for $4. Granted it is very small still, having only cost $4. But it seems to be taking to our back yard very nicely. I just hope that it will grow enough this year to fruit next year. I am thinking about putting some citrus fertilizer down in the soil by it and our orange tree. My next planned acquisitions are a bannana tree and maybe a lime/lemon/orange hybrid tree. Believe it or not all three of those fruits are all grafted onto one stalk and they all grow separately. Isn't that wild?
My newest kitchen adventure is to make my own yogurt. It is really ridiculously easy, just some powdered milk, some warm water, a few tablespoons of active yogurt bought from the store and a heating pad and I have a quart of plain yogurt to cook with, make smoothies or just enjoy with some fresh fruit or preserves. I will post the link in case you would like to give it a try. Very inexpensive, but very tasty!
Make your own Yogurt, click here!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home