Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Taking yourself TOO seriously

I find it funny and a little bit humiliating how sometimes I am forced to come to grips with how seriously I take myself sometimes. (Kristen here).

I just got a new job, which I am loving, by the way. Many of you were wondering when I would step out and make a job change, so here you go, I have done it. I am working at a smaller company than I did in the past so it is offering a whole different set of opportunities for learning and growth, both of which I MUST have to remain sane.

Anyway, to get to the reality check that helped me to stop taking myself so seriously.....For the last seven or eight months I have been going to a stylist close to where we live and she did a great job finding a manageable and flattering cut for me without going too short. I loved it. Admittedly I didn't go get it trimmed as much as I should, but hey, it gets expensive going every month and a half....easier to let it slip into two or three months :-) Anyway, I went out on my lunch break on Monday to get my hair cut somewhere close to where I work...BIG MISTAKE!!! Stick with what you know people. My hair now looks like hair that belongs on Bjork (The Iclelandic singer...and NO she is not known for a flattering look). For family, it is pretty much the same haircut I had when I was four....too short and too blunt. For those who knew me in college, particularly Jacob....remember that REALLY terrible short haircut I got my sophomore year ? Yeah, this one is worse.

Getting to the whole not taking yourself seariously thing.....well, I was sorely tempted to burst into tears when the stylist did everything I told her I didn't want, but then I realized.....HAH, the joke is on me...and I was getting a little bit vain anyway. Who wants to live in a world of exact duplicates? It just happens that my look is a little bit ugly, but hey, it will grow out. Until then, it will remind me that true beauty does not depend on the current state of my style but of my heart.

Now go and get a bad haircut too! I promise, it will change your perspective ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Site Counters