Saturday, October 08, 2005

Bits and Pieces

Whew.....what a whirlwind month October has been so far! Only eight days old and what a temper!

I honestly can't remember the last time that I (Kristen) was this busy. But it is all for the most part good busy. A bunch of us young married women have started to hold a Bible Study on Thursday evenings to discuss the book by Stormie O'Martian entitled The Power of A Praying Wife. It has been really great to get together to learn and to get to know each other more. It is really a blessing to be making friends.

My living room is currently a mess....and Alex is seriously a saint. I know it bugs him, and yet he is so patient with me. Why is it such a mess? Yes, indeed today was an AVON delivery day and my living room is currently littered with white paper bags filled with orders to be delivered this week. Thankfully it will bring in a little bit of much appreciated cash in exchange for having to put up with a messy living room for a day or so. He is a sweetie. Yes, my friends, this will be a stream of consciousness post.

Ah, today my mom and I went out to breakfast at Bob Evans and then popped into some stores around town. I had a bit of a reaction when we entered a local consignment store, though. My mom and I had seen this place several times before but had never stopped in so we thought this was an opportune time. Unfortunately as soon as we walked through the door the first thing to catch my eye was a sign posted on the end of the checkout counter. The sign read "No Soliciting or Religious Nuts." That did it for me right there. We browsed briefly and on the way out I pulled a store employee aside and nicely explained how that sign was offensive and suggested that it might turn away potential customers who considered themselves "religious." It is amazing what sort of things you run into in this world. The employee promised he would pass along my comments to the management, so we will see if anything is done about it.

We are currently going through a study on "Who is God" at church and I am so excited about it. I know it seems like a very basic subject, but in all honesty I think it is a subject that most churches neglect rather sorely. It is easier to try and tailor messages to be more self-helpish, but that is what I like about Matt (our pastor/friend). He doesn't bother with trying to make people feel comfortable or feel good about themselves. He preaches the truth and cuts through the garbage. God did a wonderful thing when he brought Matt and Amy to our church.

Ok, speaking of church, that is coming quickly in the morning so I do think it would be to my benefit to get some shuteye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Site Counters