So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!
A Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy--Movie Review
We went to go see this movie yesterday afternoon, having never read any of the Hitchhiker books, and were very pleased that we went. I will do my best to assess the movie without giving it away so that any of you may be able to view it with the same fun that we did.
First of all, the movie is rated PG so you know right there that it will be pretty clean. There were no swears that I can recall from the whole movie, and I don't recall any raunchy humor. So, rare as that is these days, that helped make the movie that much better for us.
Second of all, being a huge Monty Python fan myself I can appreciate random British humor very well. Having an appreciation for the humor of the unexpected will serve you well as you view this movie. Even Alex who loathes Monty Python was able to laugh heartily at the slapstick nature of the jokes that abound throughout the movie.
Third, it was just really clever. It helps that Douglas Adams (the author of the Hitchhiker books) was also the movie's screenwriter. I am sure that just about anyone who has any taste for humor will enjoy this movie. So, I encourage you to take a look at this movie. You're sure to like it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home