Joining the Blogformation Age
This might be the strangest thing that I have ever done....but I think in the interest of information, this might be the way for us to keep in touch on random rantings.
Man, let me tell you...this election is driving me crazy! It is less than 20 days away now, and does anyone really know what John Kerry has done in the last twenty years he has been a US Senator? I surely don't. Thankfully he's somewhat laid off the Vietnam bit, though. I mean, I respect the fact that he was a soldier in Vietnam, but if that is the only thing that he had to say made him qualified to be the president then we must be hurting for choices.
I have to agree with my rather astute brother. If this two party system is the best of what America can offer, then I think we have strayed from the original intent of America. Seriously think about it...somehow the political heirarchy wants us to believe that in order to be good citizens (and not considered nut cases) we have to align ourselves with one of the two major parties. But what if we don't agree with all that either stands for. Does that mean that we have to pick the lesser of two evils (for lack of a better phrase).
Even the very diversity within each party makes the point that you have to sacrifice something, some principles, some convictions to achieve some of your goals. On principle I think that is a bad system. Why can't we have a multiplicity of parties that represent the diversity of opinions in this country? That way everyone could let their voice be heard more freely instead of trying to fit themselves into some sort of political mold. But then people would have to vote on issues, and we know how hard it is to get some people to do that!
Anyway, it'll be a bunch of mud slinging before this is all over. Don't forget either, if you elect the Kerry/Edwards team we can look forward to the cure of paralysis (see John Edward's promise that people in wheelchairs would walk again if Kerry was elected---can we say messianic delusions?), and to Teresa Heinz Kerry's delightful home rememdies (Got arthritis? THK suggests you eat nine gin soaked white raisins a day for optimum relief).
Ok, ok, sarcasm thick enough to cut with a knife, I think that means it is time for me to sayanora!

1 Comments:
Hey Guys!
This is such a great idea! I just created one for Sarah and I. http://jacobandsarah.blogspot.com
As to the political parties, the forefathers warned us in the Federalist Papers that political parties were dangerous and would do more to limit our "Democratic Republic" and push us closer to pure Democracy. Anyways, I could talk about that all day, and just wait till I get started on the "Purpose Driven Church", whew... we'd be here all day!
We love you guys and miss you much. Drop us a line now and then. We'll try to call this weekend sometime.
God Bless.
Post a Comment
<< Home